Capgemini Programmer / Developer Lead - DevOps Senior Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia
The role will be expected to provide technical and operational support leadership to other departments and teams with these skills:
• Core Java and J2EE, Java REST API, Maven, Spring Framework, Linux/Unix Shell Script
• Micro services architecture in a cloud and Docker containerized environment.
• Knowledge on Kafka integration
• AWS or Openstack IaaS Environments with Docker & micro-services based architecture
• AppDynamics, Elk, Splunk based monitoring set-up & administration
• Automation of day-to-day activities with scripting or using opensource tools
• High Analytical and Troubleshooting Skills
• Knowledge of Load Balancing, DNS, Basic Networking aspects of an enterprise application
• Hands-on experience on tools ServiceNow, JIRA, Confluence
• Understand Technical Architecture, Technical Design
• Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills, Operations experience, Communication, Customer interaction skills are must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Participate in applications operation support and development – DevOps as appropriate
• Implement DevOps practices for all IT software development project
• Monitor application health, build application dashboards, auto-scale & self-healing techniques
• Build/Code Enhancements & Code fixes
• Troubleshoot and fix production issues/incidents
• Innovative thinking and high analytical skills are required to match the fast paced and dynamic environment
• Communicates well with Team and the stakeholders
• Perform Upgrade and Patches installations
• Generate Weekly/Monthly Operational Reports
• Update and maintain required documentation
• Collaborate with cross functional teams virtually and in person for Production support and releasing new vendor software upgrades, Operating Systems upgrades, Infrastructure upgrades and Migration of service from datacenters
• Participate in Deployments, Production support, Tech Insertion and environment migration projects.
• Develop scripts and perform deployment automation.
• Facilitates development and deployment of system integration strategies that promote use of common tools and processes.
• Participates in technical review boards and provides technical support and consultation for the implementation and usage of the tool used (mentioned in Skills section).
• Requires excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
• Must feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic and flexible environment.
• Must be able to work extended hours as needed including being available for off hours production support.
1) Minimum 5 years of IT experience is required.
2) Enterprise Level Docker Experience is a Must.
3) Experience with developing/maintaining enterprise web-applications/e-commerce applications.
4) Experience with micro-service architecture at an Enterprise level.
5) Hands on experience with any container orchestration(Swarm/Kubernetes/Mesos).
6) Knowledge in networking concepts (DNS. Loadbalancers, NFS).
7) Working knowledge of cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS).
8) Hands on experience with CI/CD automation.
9) Drive continuous improvement in areas of Development, QA, and Release Management.
10) Knowledge in JOBDSL using Groovy.
11) Foster collaboration across functional teams including Development, Infra, and Operations looking for and implementing changes to facilitate faster deployments, shorter lead times in releases.
12) Assist in automating development, QA and release management tasks
13) Hands on experience with respect to administration and usage on following:
Ansible/Terraform/chef(Ansible experience at Enterprise level is preferred)
AWS (VPC,EC2,S3, ELBs, Route 53)
14) Excellent skills in Linux administration.
15) Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
16) Strong hands on experience in scripting: bash/python/ruby/perl."
US Citizens and Green Card holders preferred as position requires shipboard travel
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini
Responsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementing software systems. Experienced programmers are also responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, mentoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, software development, testing and release.
Required Skills and Experience:
Write software programs using specific programming languages/platforms such as Java or MS .NET, and related tools, platform and environment. Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs, such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment. Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes. Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements. Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic. Write or contribute to instructions or manuals to guide end users. Correct errors by making appropriate changes and then rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced. Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct. Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program. Investigate whether networks, workstations, the central processing unit of the system, and/or peripheral equipment are responding to a program's instructions. Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language. Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer. Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs. Perform unit testing Assist in system and user testing Fix errors and bugs that are identified in the course of testing.
• Qualifications: 3-9 years experience; Bachelor’s degree
• Should be proficient in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
• Should have progressing skills on Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering Leadership, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion (about $14.4 billion USD at 2017 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com . People matter, results count.
Organization: NA AS
Title: Programmer / Developer Lead - DevOps Senior Engineer
Requisition ID: 035895