Capgemini Programmer / Developer Lead - Java Developer in Atlanta, Georgia
Application developer/support/maintance of Full stack Java developer Telecom related application.
• Existing Programming experience in school or work with Java/J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, Rest Web Services
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to decompose complex problems and perform root cause analyses
• Understanding of the SDLC Waterfall or Agile software development life cycle
• Confidence and ability to communicate and collaborate with other team members
• A strong desire for technical skills development
• Comfortable self-learning with text books and online training courses
• Understanding of common design patterns
Additional/Bonus Selection Criteria (5 of these can substitute experience with compiled languages)
• Strong understanding of SOAP and Rest API protocols and HTML
• Experience with front end development AngularJS or ReactJS
• Strong SQL skills
• Experience with NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra etc.) a plus
• Unix/Linux and CLI/Shell Scripting
• Docker and Virtualization understanding
• Enterprise Development experience or testing experience
• Telecom industry/domain understanding
• Production/App support troubleshooting and triage experience
• Experience with Ruby or Python (Scripting experience)
• Experience with tools like Postman, Soap UI, SonarQube, Jenkins, or CA Lisa (Dev Test or Virtualization)
• Experience with writing test step definitions in Cucumber or any BDD framework
• Practical experience with version control tools like SVN or GIT
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Responsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementing software systems. Experienced programmers are also responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, mentoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, software development, testing and release.
Required Skills and Experience:
Write software programs using specific programming languages/platforms such as Java or MS .NET, and related tools, platform and environment. Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs, such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment. Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes. Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements. Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic. Write or contribute to instructions or manuals to guide end users. Correct errors by making appropriate changes and then rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced. Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct. Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program. Investigate whether networks, workstations, the central processing unit of the system, and/or peripheral equipment are responding to a program's instructions. Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language. Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer. Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs. Perform unit testing Assist in system and user testing Fix errors and bugs that are identified in the course of testing.
• Qualifications: 3-9 years experience; Bachelor’s degree
• Should be proficient in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
• Should have progressing skills on Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering Leadership, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the
Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate). Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital
solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM at https://www.capgemini.com/about/how-we-work/the-collaborative-business-experiencetm , and draws on Rightshore at https://www.capgemini.com/about/how-we-work/rightshorer ® at https://www.capgemini.com/about/how-we-work/rightshorer , its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com at http://www.capgemini.com/ .
Organization: NA AS
Title: Programmer / Developer Lead - Java Developer
Requisition ID: 034713