Capgemini Project Lead - Technical Project Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
• The primary responsibility for this job will be to lead projects with strong understanding of cloud, networks, infrastructure (servers, firewalls, etc)
• Required to have Telco experience
• Serves as the primary point-of-contact for project status regarding schedule, budget, and scope
• Interface with a myriad of project team members including Engineering, IT, Security, PM’s, Business stakeholders, Management, Supply Chain, and Finance
• Coordinates and manages complex technical projects from inception to production deployment
• Proactively identify and mitigate risks to project
• Communicate effectively with a varied group of technical (Engineering, OSS / BSS, Service Assurance, QA, Security), non-technical teams (Product Managers, Project Managers, Finance, Deployment Managers, Supply Chain), and vendor contacts
• Clearly communicate technical scope and issues to non-technical partners
• Develop high-level and detailed project schedule, modify updates, and communicate timeline expectations to stakeholders and project team
• Provide Project Managers and Engineering Management Office teams with monthly project schedule, status, and budget forecasts
• Provide project status updates and orally communicate project status to technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Perform operational efficiency reviews and develop plans for improvements as necessary
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Project Managers take full responsibility for managing a project or program. They normally manage a number of related streams or activities to achieve a desired business result, planned profitability levels, quality standards and highest-level client satisfaction. Project Managers are responsible for the project plan, budget, structure, schedule and staffing requirements for the delivery organization. A Project Manager usually has technical expertise in one or more other domains (e.g. a Project Manager with testing skills could perform a test manager function).
Required Skills and Experience:
You are responsible for coordinating project performance with the Project / Program Manager and for the timely and economic utilization of resources assigned to your project. You contribute to the overall project plan, highlighting dependencies with other projects. You manage day-to-day project activities, monitor and report on progress, and identify and mitigate potential showstoppers and issues.
• Qualification: Bachelor's Degree
• Certification: Is at least certified on EM foundation (level 0).
• Should have progressing in Negotiating, Vendor Management, Risk Management and Project Financials, KPI & Reporting
• Should have baseline skills Quality Management.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant : http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion (about $14.4 billion USD at 2017 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com . People matter, results count.
Job: Project Manager
Organization: NA DO
Title: Project Lead - Technical Project Manager
Requisition ID: 037272