Capgemini Software Engineer Lead - Cloud System Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia
Cloud engineer with a minimum 2 plus years of Amazon. They will be responsible for releasing automating system to do the provisioning, and engineering the design and programming on systems tasks. If they have worked with Amazon, launch and provision Terraform rather than get on the UI and do it by hand.
· Above average Linux knowledge, especially with regard to running process, storage admin and command line tools to triage issues
· Good understanding of networks, including routing, DNS, and sub-nets
· Cloud admin experience (defining/configuring resources via a scripting tool, not just using the UI)
· AWS exposure preferred, but Azure or Google is okay too.
· Scripting (e.g., bash, korn shell, etc.) for automating rote tasks on a *nix platform
· All of the provisioner skills, at an advanced level
- Expert level ability in a programming language other than bash/korn shell for something other than simple scripts
· Used with a programming editor/IDE, not just vi or simple editor
· Understands, and writes test as a deliverable part of any programming effort
· Has used source control apps, understands branching
· Understands and has used (or better yet designed/implemented) a CI-CD process
· Understands containerization, has administered/configured Docker
· Understands and can create requirements/documentation suitable for use by other techs, including diagrams
· Understands system/network security
· ACLs, IP tables
Nice to haves
· Has developed/worked using agile methodology
· Has worked as an app developer, created/deployed distributed services for a commercial concern
· Has a basic understanding of databases, DDL, etc. and/or has worked with an RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL)
· Has exposure to any of the following tools/products
o Consul Vault
Languages: Ruby, Python, Bash
OS: RHEL, Windows
OS: RHEL, Windows
Chef / Ruby
All candidates must have AT LEAST 3-4 of the Primary skills and 2-3 of the Secondary skills to be considered
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Software Engineers perform requirements analysis. They then design, develop or maintain the physical application (components) or the application environment, based on the Software Architecture (models and principles). Activities include coding, integrating, implementing, installing or changing frameworks and standard components, or technical and functional application management. A Software Engineer also develops languages, methods, frameworks and tools, and/or undertakes activities in support of server-based databases in development, test and production environments.
Required Skills and Experience:
You are an experienced Software Engineer. You have received training and mastered at least one technology environment. You are good at elaborating technology areas and have an ability to position them within the scope of an overall project. You are a member of at least one community.
• Qualification: Minimum 3 years experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: Should have or seeking SE Level 1.
• Should have progressing knowledge in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering, Testing, Data Management, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion (about $14.4 billion USD at 2017 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com . People matter, results count.
Organization: NA AS
Title: Software Engineer Lead - Cloud System Engineer
Requisition ID: 036813