Capgemini Senior Applications Consultant - SAP Cutover / Test Lead in Bloomfield, New Jersey
Senior Applications Consultant - SAP Test Lead / Cutover Lead)
The SAP Test / Cutover Lead is responsible for ensuring the smooth go live. The resource will have ownership of the data plan and the execution of tasks against this, as well as local co-ordination and execution of the cutover plan.
Key activities include:
• Coordinate activities of a wide team of SAP functional experts and SAP technical experts, and SAP Integrated system experts
• Monitor data and cutover progress and communicate to leadership team including status, progress, issues, etc.
• Plan, prepare and execute the Cutover Plan:
• Definition and Ownership of the combined business and technical cutover plan
• Ensuring execution of tasks are completed in a timely manner
• Coordination of activities of data owners
• Accountability for the timely execution and reporting of cutover tasks across Technical and Business Go Lives
• Management of the on-site cutover activities during cutover
Key Consultant Attributes:
• Demonstrable experience with SAP data in complex, global, release-deployed SAP programs
• Ability to define and execute multiple detailed activity plans simultaneously, maintaining an ability to articulate progress and status clearly to key stakeholders
• Natural ability to coordinate and facilitate diverse teams of different skill sets, backgrounds, cultures and languages
• Good understanding of key SAP functional process streams as well as Project Management skills
• Solid understanding of SAP Finance (New GL migration, Chart of Account harmonization, and Re-organization of controlling areas and other master data preferred)
• Ability to conduct and facilitate workshops with business representatives, management and executive and team member resources
• Problem solving skills that use techniques to identify the root cause of the issue and then ability to clearly communicate (verbal / orally) this position.
• Attention to detail and good oral and written communications.
• Advanced communication skills with a demonstrated ability to provide advice, consult and negotiate with senior management and manage key relationships between stakeholders involved in an upgrade / implementation environment.
• Comfortable in adapting working hours to align with demands of communication across multiple time zones.
• Comfortable to perform well under pressure
The role requires expertise in the following skills:
• Data Management, especially of large global implementation SAP Projects
• Cutover Management, especially of large global implementation SAP Projects
• Functional knowledge of specific SAP FI modules
• Expertise in using MS Project
Specific expertise expected:
• Release Management concept
• Spoken and written language: English. French and / or Icelandic are a plus.
• Knowledge of HP Quality Center
• Demonstrated skills in customer facing activities covering requirements gathering, data preparation, cutover support and documentation preparation.
• Relevant SAP Cutover Management experience.
• At least 3 full lifecycle SAP implementation experience with the demonstrated ability and in-depth knowledge in all aspects of an SAP FI implementation and the relationships between each phase, including: Blueprinting, Design, Technical,
Integration, Testing, Migration, etc.
Experience in Managing Complex Cutover and Go-live
Exposure / experience Solution Architecture or Technology Integration experience in SAP, JDA, Custom JAVA, SAP MDM, and Legacy Cobol, Sybase, etc
Has managed Cutover for large Programs 10 million
Has experience in Master Data (Customer and material Master) ideally SAP
Has exposure to Demand Planning Scenarios specially Retail and Consumer Product Industry
Understand the Conversion Process with Very Large Volumes
Can Coordinate, make and manage Complex Clarity Based Plan
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Applications Consultants have expertise in a specific technology environment. They are responsible for software-specific design and realization, as well as testing, deployment and release management, or technical and functional application management of client-specific package based solutions (e.g. SAP, ORACLE). These roles also require functional and methodological capabilities in testing and training.
Required Skills and Experience:
You are an expert in one or more business processes and technology practices and are accountable for translating a business case into a detailed technical design. Alternatively, you are responsible for operational and technical issues and translate technical blueprints into requirements and specifications. You may also be responsible for integration testing and user acceptance testing. You act as a stream lead, guiding team members by experience. You are seen as active member within technology communities.
• Qualification: Minimum 5 years experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: SE level 1 and seeking level 2.
• Must have experience in Package Configuration.
• Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Testing, Architecture Knowledge, Technical Solution Design and Vendor Management.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion (about $14.4 billion USD at 2017 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com . People matter, results count.
Organization: NA AS
Title: Senior Applications Consultant - SAP Cutover / Test Lead
Requisition ID: 037804