Capgemini Infrastructure Consultant 1 - WebSphere in Cary, North Carolina
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the
Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate). Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital
solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM at https://www.capgemini.com/about/how-we-work/the-collaborative-business-experiencetm , and draws on Rightshore at https://www.capgemini.com/about/how-we-work/rightshorer ® at https://www.capgemini.com/about/how-we-work/rightshorer , its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com at http://www.capgemini.com/ .
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Capgemini's robust Outsourcing offerings include: Applications Management, Infrastructure Management and Business Process Management. We combine these services with our deep industry knowledge and experience to provide the change agent to accelerate business growth. We generate quality and speed through our proven tools, methods and global centers. These capabilities, coupled with our program management expertise are tailored to fit the most challenging business needs.
Responsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementing software systems. Experienced programmers are also responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, mentoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, software development, testing and release.
Write software programs using specific programming languages/platforms such as Java or MS .NET, and related tools, platform and environment. Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs, such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment. Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes. Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements. Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic. Write or contribute to instructions or manuals to guide end users. Correct errors by making appropriate changes and then rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced. Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct. Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program. Investigate whether networks, workstations, the central processing unit of the system, and/or peripheral equipment are responding to a program's instructions. Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language. Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer. Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs. Perform unit testing Assist in system and user testing Fix errors and bugs that are identified in the course of testing.
Qualifications: 3-9 years experience; bachelor’s degree
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
• Design, implement, and oversee of highly-consolidated WebSphere Application Server (WAS) environments.
• Responsibilities include capacity-planning, sizing, implementation, and maintenance for new applications in the WAS environment. Additionally, the position involves research, tool development and documentation for future WAS environments.
• Gather and document business requirements of application characteristics, including third-party software requirements, backend resources, and means of implementation.
• Design web hardware infrastructure. This includes authoring design documents and guiding them through the approval process.
• Provide technical support to web application developers when required. This includes promoting use of best practices, ensuring standardization across applications and trouble shooting.
• Monitor, tune and performance test activities for live and in-flight applications
• Installation, implementation, upgrading, performance, security, patching and monitoring of WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment (WASND) environments.
• Maximizing availability and performance for all WASND and IBM HTTP Server Plugins and IBM HTTP Server systems
• Providing technical assistance to the entire customer staff of developers, operators and administrators
• Developing a detailed understanding of WebSphere Application Server Clustering for High Availability
• Work with other infrastructure, application, engineering, database administration and operation teams on projects and day-to-day problems.
• Analyze and resolve WAS related issues and problems
• Assist in the coding and support of various UNIX scripts for WAS support.
• Assist with creation, development, and enforcement of WAS.
• Develop a proactive health check process.
• Provide customer support by addressing trouble tickets providing levels 1, 2 and 3 support.
• Maintaining the system integrity and security by following the published Server Configuration Standards
• Participate in an “on-call" rotation
o 3 years of experience, including design and advanced trouble-shooting skills, of major web and application tier software offerings utilizing WebSphere Application Server or Weblogic
o 2 years working with end to end web systems.
o 3 years of experience with all application components, such as RDBMS, LDAP and Queuing Solutions
Involves researching, developing, innovating and delivering effective and consistent solutions to support the infrastructure systems ensuring the application of current and emerging technologies.
Day to Day responsibilities:
• System Monitoring;
• Installation Services and Management;
• OS administration; User Administration;
• Application Software support;
• Facilities Management;
• Security Services; Back-up Services;
• Hardware services/management;
• Documentation/Regulatory requirements;
• Remotely managed servers overseas, including
o System Monitoring;
o OS administration; User administration;
o Application Software support;
o Security Management;
o Back-up Services (monitoring only);
o Hardware Services (advisory).
• Developing and implementing service improvements;
• Attending with Active ownership of DR rehearsals;
• Monthly Reporting;
• Designing and implementing Ad-hoc project work requests; On-call cover and out of hours support.
• Qualification: Engineering or equivalent degree
• Should be proficient in Technology Solution Design
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Organization: US IMS
Title: Infrastructure Consultant 1 - WebSphere
Requisition ID: 035381