Capgemini Infrastructure Consultant 1 - WebSphere in Cary, North Carolina
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the
Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate). Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital
solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM at https://www.capgemini.com/about/how-we-work/the-collaborative-business-experiencetm , and draws on Rightshore at https://www.capgemini.com/about/how-we-work/rightshorer ® at https://www.capgemini.com/about/how-we-work/rightshorer , its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com at http://www.capgemini.com/ .
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Capgemini's robust Outsourcing offerings include: Applications Management, Infrastructure Management and Business Process Management. We combine these services with our deep industry knowledge and experience to provide the change agent to accelerate business growth. We generate quality and speed through our proven tools, methods and global centers. These capabilities, coupled with our program management expertise are tailored to fit the most challenging business needs.
Responsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementing software systems. Experienced programmers are also responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, mentoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, software development, testing and release.
Write software programs using specific programming languages/platforms such as Java or MS .NET, and related tools, platform and environment. Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs, such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment. Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes. Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements. Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic. Write or contribute to instructions or manuals to guide end users. Correct errors by making appropriate changes and then rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced. Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct. Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program. Investigate whether networks, workstations, the central processing unit of the system, and/or peripheral equipment are responding to a program's instructions. Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language. Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer. Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs. Perform unit testing Assist in system and user testing Fix errors and bugs that are identified in the course of testing.
Qualifications: 3-9 years experience; bachelor’s degree
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
• Candidate should be specialized in different integration architecture paradigm WebSphere Message Broker / Datapower / Websphere ESB/MQ.
• Candidate should be experienced with multiple middleware products of leading vendors, platforms, and styles of computing to design solutions that enable new and existing components, applications, packages, and systems to work together within an enterprise or among enterprises for one or multiple industry.
• Candidate should be client facing and able to lead and guide team on developing solutions that fully integrate and collaborate with existing IT systems to perform an automated business function.
• Installation & Configuration WebSphere MQ Administration (V7.x & above) on distributed platforms (AIX , Linux, and Windows)
• Identifying issues and in preparing Root Cause Analysis for Major incidents/problems.
• Setup security for WebSphere MQ queues & other objects for data access and for administration using role-based security
• Define and maintain middleware standards and governance including MQ and API administration and utilization.
• Backup & recovery, clustering, security, patch management, enterprise monitoring & performance tuning.
• Serve as technical resource to business analysts, solutions development and other groups responsible for application development standards, system design and integration.
• Ensure systems remain at operational excellence during infrastructure improvements (hardware/software upgrades, server migrations/consolidations, application deployment, etc).
• Expert in Shell Scripting, Perl, Python
Involves researching, developing, innovating and delivering effective and consistent solutions to support the infrastructure systems ensuring the application of current and emerging technologies.
Day to Day responsibilities:
• System Monitoring;
• Installation Services and Management;
• OS administration; User Administration;
• Application Software support;
• Facilities Management;
• Security Services; Back-up Services;
• Hardware services/management;
• Documentation/Regulatory requirements;
• Remotely managed servers overseas, including
o System Monitoring;
o OS administration; User administration;
o Application Software support;
o Security Management;
o Back-up Services (monitoring only);
o Hardware Services (advisory).
• Developing and implementing service improvements;
• Attending with Active ownership of DR rehearsals;
• Monthly Reporting;
• Designing and implementing Ad-hoc project work requests; On-call cover and out of hours support.
• Qualification: Engineering or equivalent degree
• Should be proficient in Technology Solution Design
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Organization: INFRA US IGATE
Title: Infrastructure Consultant 1 - WebSphere
Requisition ID: 035321