Capgemini Business Analyst 2 - Business Technical Analyst in Chicago, Illinois
Business Technical Analyst for the IT Restaurants Global POS Team. The team is responsible for development of our Global POS Platform. While the development is not performed in-house, we are responsible for the SDLC as it pertains to the development of our products. We are also the Subject Matter Experts for the Global POS product, its configuration, and its functionality.
Under minimal direction, this position is responsible for acting as a Subject Matter Expert on McDonald’s Point-of-Sale Applications and utilizing that expertise to lead in the areas of requirements gathering/elicitation, visual and technical design review, market adoption support of new releases.
This position involves coordination of a diverse set of stakeholders, both internal and external, whom contribute to the design and development of McDonald’s Point-of-Sale Applications. This position may also be asked to take a leadership role on assignments and acts as a primary point of contact with stakeholders. Primary stakeholders include Global and Market IT Development teams, Global and Market Digital Teams, and Software development teams. While Point-of-Sale Applications (NP6/NP#) are the primary focus, this position will also have exposure to other restaurant applications such as, RCT, Kiosk, RFM2, eCP and GMA.
The role will require cross team leadership and change management skills for many initiatives.
• Key responsibilities will include the creation, management, evaluation, interpretation and documentation of business and functional requirements.
o Utilize strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to share application expertise, communicate complex business problems, and facilitate discussion with stakeholders.
o Work closely with business functional areas to understand, define system requirements and make recommendations for business solutions.
o Evaluate current system capabilities to identify changes that need to be made and determines the impact to the business.
o Provide business analysis support to software development teams and ensure programming and software requirements fulfill business objectives.
• The candidate will participate in the evaluation of design specifications and translation of business needs to technical solutions throughout the product lifecycle.
• The candidate will become a product expert on the Global Point-of-Sale applications and is expected to become proficient in the product capabilities, system dependencies, and technical configuration.
• Will be responsible for creation and maintenance of documentation pertaining to product features, work processes, etc.
• Provide ongoing system support in responsible area. Must be able to solve complex problems through research and analysis.
• Work with management to overcome obstacles and complete projects.
• Identify missing requirements based on experience and business goals
• Work with business partners to develop acceptance criteria / test cases.
• Represent the customers and stakeholders to internal and external technology providers
• Over time, the individual will become a SME for the functionality of our Global POS system. This includes understanding the full capabilities of our complex system and knowledge of how restaurants across the world are using the system. The ideal candidate will be able to understand various configuration options of the system and use the technology to enable solutions to business challenges.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 8 years IT experience
• Minimum of 3-5 years of business technical or systems analyst
• Experience or background in business analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, building systems solutions, and deployment of business requirements
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Good organizational skills; able to assemble and present information clearly.
• Documentation skills including business/functional/non-functional requirements, business processes, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with intermediate levels of management.
• Minimum of 3 years of Point-of-Sale, Customer-facing Kiosk, or other relevance ecommerce experience.
• McDonald's business experience/restaurant experience
• Proficiency with JIRA, Confluence, MS SharePoint, and MS Office Applications.
• General understanding of XML
• General understanding of SDLC
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Applications Consultants have expertise in a specific technology environment. They are responsible for software-specific design and realization, as well as testing, deployment and release management, or technical and functional application management of client-specific package based solutions (e.g. SAP, ORACLE). These roles also require functional and methodological capabilities in testing and training.
Required Skills and Experience:
You focus on building solutions and on maintaining, optimizing and improving a client’s applications and systems. You contribute to a business and technical blueprint and customize the respective Software Package Core Module. You may also be responsible for unit testing, contribute to integration testing, and/or be responsible for the design and delivery of end-user training.
• Qualification: Minimum 3 years experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: Should have or seeking SE Level 1.
• Should be proficient in Package Configuration.
• Should have progressing skills in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Testing, Architecture Knowledge, Technical Solution Design and Vendor Management
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion (about $14.4 billion USD at 2017 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com . People matter, results count.
Organization: NA AS
Title: Business Analyst 2 - Business Technical Analyst
Requisition ID: 036134