Capgemini Engagement Director - Program / Project Manager in Chicago, Illinois
(Includes Engagement Manager, Program Manager, Project Manager, PMO and Project Coordinator.) Responsible for planning, executing and finalizing projects in line with scope, time and budget. This includes project mapping, assembling resources, and coordinating the efforts of team members. Also defines project objectives and oversees quality control throughout its lifecycle. As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of program management solutions. This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction. This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
• Experience within a program management role
• Experience managing an AMS Methodoloy project
• Experience with planning and managing large global IT projects
• Experience with all aspects of the system implementation including, but not limited to, gathering requirements, designing the future state solution, the development objects related to their process scope, as well as supporting testing and post implementation activities
• Knowledge of integration points and the order in which these must be executed
• Experience working with design, implementation, and support of knowledge management solutions and related technologies for collaborative information sharing
• Experience with gap analysis and strategic roadmap/blueprint development
• Experience with large Full Life Cycle (FLC) project implementations
• Experience within a delivery program management lead role
• Experience with client facing consulting engagements
• Extensive experience within management consulting or consulting services (Big 4 preferred)
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong executive presence and ability to interact with CxO level
• Mentors team members in technology, architecture and delivery of applications
• Successful teamwork experience and demonstrated leadership abilities are required
• Creates a shared sense of direction and community among the teams
• Proven ability to transfer knowledge and stay aware of current trends and technical advancements
• Ability to articulate and present different points-of-views on various technologies
• Time management skills are a must; as well as the ability to be flexible and creative
• MUST be willing to travel extensively, up to 100%
• College degree in a related area of study, with advanced degree highly preferred
• A strong track record of professional success, preferably in the Consulting Services arena
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Project Managers take full responsibility for managing a project or program. They normally manage a number of related streams or activities to achieve a desired business result, planned profitability levels, quality standards and highest-level client satisfaction. Project Managers are responsible for the project plan, budget, structure, schedule and staffing requirements for the delivery organization. A Project Manager usually has technical expertise in one or more other domains (e.g. a Project Manager with testing skills could perform a test manager function).
Required Skills and Experience:
You operate at board level in multi-site engagements. You are fully responsible for providing deliverables or service to specification, within agreed cost and timescale, meeting the necessary quality standards and to customer satisfaction. You conduct client negotiations to agree terms for changes to the scope of the project or service, setting realistic expectations and ensuring commercial viability. You manage your project or service teams, plan activities and monitor progress. You ensure all project deliverables or services are provided using best practices and are of an appropriate quality. You provide factual analysis of the project or service portfolio and the team’s performance and compliance to standard tools and processes.
• Qualification: Bachelor's Degree
• Certification: Manages engagements with complexity on EM level 2 or higher. Is, if possible, certified on this level.
• Should be a master in Vendor Management, Transition Managment, Change Management, Risk Management, Continuous (Service) Improvement and Project Financials, KPI & Reporting.
• Should have strong negotiation capabilities
• Should be proficient in Quality Management
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion (about $14.4 billion USD at 2017 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com . People matter, results count.
Job: Project Manager
Organization: NA AS
Title: Engagement Director - Program / Project Manager
Requisition ID: 035417