Capgemini HR Services Employee Relations in Chicago, Illinois
Capgemini has a need for an enthusiastic and agile Human Resources professional to join the HR Services Employee Relations Tower; a new centralized service offering within NA Shared Services. The HR Services Employee Relations Partner will align to the central HR Services team partnering closely with internal stakeholders / clients, including the Core HR Operation teams, Business Leadership, HR Business Partners, Capacity Managers and the General Counsel Office.
The following objectives are in scope for the Employee Relations Tower:
• To deliver flexible, robust, timely and strategic case management services through a centralized model
• To drive efficiency and consistency through the services provided across the NA business
• To ensure that labor law impacts are understood, comply with Capgemini policy, adhere to internal process and mitigate risk to the business
The responsibilities of the Employee Relations Partner will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Investigations / Employee Relations
• Conducts internal investigations into alleged policy violations, ethics, harassment, discrimination and retaliation claims or grievances.
• Works independently or with cross-functional teams to prioritize and investigate allegations in a fair, thorough and timely manner
• Develops and executes investigative plans to gather information (e.g., witnesses, electronic data, physical evidence) to assess the validity of the allegations reported by employees and third parties.
• Ensures consistent interpretation and application of Capgemini policies and practices, in all investigations and related matters.
• Maintain a repository of case relevant material in alignment with the Capgemini Confidentiality Policy and local legislative requirements
• Prepares concise written reports and summaries of findings detailing the factual outcome of the investigation utilizing approved standard work, and makes recommendations on countermeasures, operational improvements and risk mitigation.
• Advises concerned parties of report findings, and tracks completion of agreed upon actions. Maintains and communicates periodic trend reports based on standard work.
• Liaise with relevant stakeholders, including business leaders and HR to convey all HR related concerns resulting from investigations.
• Track trends across the NA business and pro-actively recommended strategies to mitigate future risk
• Investigate and manage the process for potential job abandonment cases
• To be a single point of contact for all employee related matters following death during service
• Involuntary Separations
• Manage company driven reduction in force programs that may be the result of a restructure, loss of a client or pyramid management.
• Liaise with the Business Leadership, HR Business Partners, Capacity Management and the General Counsel Office to confirm the scope of the program and secure approvals
• Support activities in relation to performance and non-performance terminations
• Manage Warn requirements as needed
• Coordinate outplacement support as needed
• Identify and manage risks associated with separation actions
• Co-facilitate employee discussions with the business
Experience / Education Required:
• Bachelor's degree in HR, business, management or equivalent practical experience.
• HR Certification a plus
• 4 years of Employee Relations / Investigations experience gained in either an HRBP role, Employee Relations Advisory role, or equivalent experience practicing employment law
• Experience dealing with employment law principles and practices of conducting and advising on investigations, including interview techniques, record keeping and reporting, research and data collection and employee relations matters including involuntary separations
• Experience conducting complex ER investigations and witness interviews
• Experience preparing written reports and summaries of findings with supporting documentation that is fair, impartial, and represents the facts, and analyzing investigative results to determine whether the facts suggest a violation of policy
• Experience collecting, analyzing and interpreting information received from investigations
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage high-volume workload and complex priorities
• Proven ability to think strategically and effectively work across a complex, matrixed organization
• Demonstrates integrity and sensitivity to various cultures
Skills / Attributes:
• Exemplary listening and comprehension skills; ability assimilate needs and formulate solutions that align with the business direction and our people strategy
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated critical thinking capability
• Proven analytical / decision making skills
• Ability to interpret laws and apply them to various situations
• Proven project management skills
• Effective prioritization and time management discipline
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and initiatives
• Strong relationship development skills
• Sound judgment in safeguarding confidential and sensitive information
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion (about $14.4 billion USD at 2017 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com at http://www.capgemini.com/ . People matter, results count.
Job: Shared Services
Organization: NA Shared Services
Title: HR Services Employee Relations
Requisition ID: 037863