Capgemini Human Resources Business Partner in Chicago, Illinois
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the
Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate). Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital
solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM at https://www.capgemini.com/about/how-we-work/the-collaborative-business-experiencetm , and draws on Rightshore- at https://www.capgemini.com/about/how-we-work/rightshorer , its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com at http://www.capgemini.com/ .
This is an operational role that will effectively partner with colleagues and client leadership to build credibility for specific functional area to identify, assess and discuss strategic business issues, implications of the issues and potential solutions. Will also manage project and assignment statuses and relationships by identifying issues and developing mitigation strategies. Accountable for leading effective meetings with senior executives, reaffirming client expectations, managing scope and effectively managing risk by allocating appropriate resources and funds and ensuring milestone achievement.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant : http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini North America Markets (NAM) is looking for strong HR professionals to partner with its business leadership to provide support across sales and delivery as we look forward to a challenging and successful 2018. The role requires a clear strategic approach, great flexibility, with interpersonal and creativity skills. It is imperative that the individual be confident in making decisions and being accountable for the outcomes of those decisions.
Working across both Canada and the USA, you will work in partnership with the business leadership to drive the talent agenda, pyramid management and engagement. The HRBP is the main interface from the Business into HR. Relationship building is a critical skill to partner with our shared services teams and Centers of Expertise to deliver the best HR service and advice to the business leaders and employees.
• Accountable for the talent management strategy to support to build the right skills at the right cost and with diversity as a driver for present and future business needs focusing particularly on: Recruitment, Rightshore© ratios; re-skilling; rotation, mobility; ARC and pyramid management.
• Responsible for high potential talent development for all levels in the BU
• Director/VP talent identification and supporting leadership development activities to build the leadership pipeline.
• Delivers performance and calibration; talent planning, succession planning; supports activities related to promotion and drives a culture of mobility and rotation.
• Ensures the compensation setting processes happen in line with group and business guidelines including: salary, variable compensation (VC) and KPI measures.
• Behaves as the “Face” of HR to the Managers and Employees
• Manages escalations of HR issues from employees where required
• Leverages the shared services model in North America for hiring, learning, etc. and reaches out to Centers of Excellence for expert advice on such items as immigration, mobility etc.
• Responsible for ensuring that case management and dispute resolution is dealt with, making use of shared services capability where this exists.
• Responsible for the development of any HR team members that may report to them.
• >5 years’ experience in similar role
• Mastery of talent and performance processes
• Broad understanding of key drivers for compensation and pyramid management and analytics as a business decision making tool
• Influencing senior stakeholder and management of key relationships
• Understanding of HR in a business context
• Good at networking for best practices and improvement
• Broad HR and Employment Framework knowledge
• Understanding of and strong capability in the levers to manage talent.
• Collective attitude to provision of HR services (i.e. Face of HR to business) with a collaborative style of working with others
• Related degree (Human Resources, Business, Management, etc.)
Candidates should be flexible/willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini .
Job: Shared Services
Organization: NA SHARED SVCS
Title: Human Resources Business Partner
Requisition ID: 034933