Capgemini Infrastructure Consultant 1 - Oracle DBA at Downers Grove,IL in Chicago, Illinois
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion (about $14.4 billion USD at 2017 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com at http://www.capgemini.com/ . People matter, results count.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Oracle DBA Profile
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent required. Masters preferred. Additional Certification a plus.
• Experience in Information Technology and Oracle DBA.Experience with MS SQL Server or MySQL would be a plus.
• Oracle RAC/ASM and Clusterware (GRID infrastructure) expertise including planning, builds, general administration, troubleshooting and performance tuning.
• Experience with RMAN, Data Guard, and disaster recovery.
• Experience supporting ERP applications. Ellucian Banner Student ERP preferred. Other ERP application experience will be considered.
• Experience with at least one of the following middleware is required: Oracle Weblogic Server (preferred), Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere, IIS, JBoss, or similiar.
• Experience leading database projects.
• Proven track record in managing and tuning large volume Oracle databases.
• Experience in UNIX or Linux environment required.
• Experience developing applications in an Oracle environment (Forms, Reports, PL/SQL) a plus.
• Experience with Cloud based solutions a plus (e.g. AWS, Azure, Oracle)
• Also should have knowledge on SQL
Involves researching, developing, innovating and delivering effective and consistent solutions to support the infrastructure systems ensuring the application of current and emerging technologies.
Day to Day responsibilities:
• System Monitoring;
• Installation Services and Management;
• OS administration; User Administration;
• Application Software support;
• Facilities Management;
• Security Services; Back-up Services;
• Hardware services/management;
• Documentation/Regulatory requirements;
• Remotely managed servers overseas, including
o System Monitoring;
o OS administration; User administration;
o Application Software support;
o Security Management;
o Back-up Services (monitoring only);
o Hardware Services (advisory).
• Developing and implementing service improvements;
• Attending with Active ownership of DR rehearsals;
• Monthly Reporting;
• Designing and implementing Ad-hoc project work requests; On-call cover and out of hours support.
• Qualification: Engineering or equivalent degree
• Should be proficient in Technology Solution Design.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Organization: CIS US
Title: Infrastructure Consultant 1 - Oracle DBA at Downers Grove,IL
Requisition ID: 037157