Capgemini Applications Consultant 1 - Scrum in Cleveland, Ohio
Location: Cincinnati OH
• Scrum Master or Scrum Product owner certified
• 12 months of scrum master experience including improving the team
• Focuses the team on the goals of the current iteration, keeping them on track.
• Removes barriers that block the team so they can deliver high quality working software.
• Works with the Product Owner, providing a check and balance between getting more done and maintaining high quality and efficiency.
• Coaches the team in Scrum project management practices through
• Building Organic, self-organizing agile teams and integrating them into the enterprise
• Creating a guiding, shared team vision, project vision, and product vision
• Implementing simple, adaptable methodology rules to deliver business value rapidly and reliably
• Creating open flow and exchange of information among project team members and external groups
• Maintaining a light touch by supporting team autonomy, flexibility and customer value focus without sacrificing control
• Tracking and monitoring the project for timely and relevant feedback while instituting systemic learning and adaptation
• Introduces selected engineering practices and tools to help ensure that each iteration is potentially shippable, including any or all from the following list:
• Automated Builds and Continuous Integration: Reduce time and effort associated with manual builds and the risk of big-bang integrations
• Simple Design and Refactoring: Keep incremental development from leading to poor architectures
• Multi-Level/Automated Testing and Test-Driven Development: Reduce testing time and effort and allow developers to make changes with confidence
• Pair Programming: Increase software quality without impacting time to deliver
• Other: Industry best practices, standard corporate practices, and procedures which may benefit the project
• Encourage collaboration and facilitate Scrum-prescribed collaborations through:
• Release Planning Sessions: To determine what a Release should include and when it should be delivered
• Iteration Planning Sessions: Elaborate, estimate and prioritize highest-value product deliverables for the next iteration
• Daily Standup Meetings: Very brief meetings to rapidly take the pulse of the project, address challenges, and coordinate activities of the team and with the Product Owner
• Iteration Review / Demo Sessions: Demonstrate completed functionality to interested stakeholders and users to show progress and gain important feedback
• Iteration Retrospective Sessions: Reflect on project and process issues and take action as appropriate. Continuous collaboration and process improvement
• Assist Product Owner through thinking about delivering the most value added features earlier in the product’s lifecycle.
• Challenges PO to validate stories with customers and sequence them based on value.
• All Scrum Masters will participate in global SM council to provide sharings within Scrum community."
Good verbal and written communication skills. Good Windows and MS Office skills.
Resource should have familiarity with overall project and deliverable approaches for development methodologies.
Working experience in Agile.
Assigns, schedules, reviews, and monitors project work to ensure that progress is within expected guidelines and is completed on time
Effective oral & written communications to both business & technical resources as well as peer to peer & upward communications.
Effectively lay out tasks, identify priorities and assignments.
Knowledge on Agile process. Knowledge on Rally, Service now
Should work from Cincinnati, Ohio
Proven working experience as scrum master for 3 years.
Bachelors Degree or higher in computer science or a related field
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Applications Consultants have expertise in a specific technology environment. They are responsible for software-specific design and realization, as well as testing, deployment and release management, or technical and functional application management of client-specific package based solutions (e.g. SAP, ORACLE). These roles also require functional and methodological capabilities in testing and training.
Required Skills and Experience:
You are learning and developing the knowledge, technical skills and core consulting behaviors required to succeed in Application Services. You learn an appropriate methodology and acquire knowledge of a business domain and a Package Based Solution. You demonstrate flexibility and versatility in meeting objectives and should be able to manage your workload and update management on task progress. You should already demonstrate progressing skills in building solutions and in optimizing and improving a client’s applications and systems.
• Qualification: Minimum 2 years experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Should have progressing skills in Package Configuration.
• Should have baseline skills in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Testing, Architecture Knowledge, Technical Solution Design and Vendor Management.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion (about $14.4 billion USD at 2017 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com . People matter, results count.
Organization: NA AS
Title: Applications Consultant 1 - Scrum
Requisition ID: 037241