Capgemini Programmer / Developer - Cloud Native Microservices Developer in Columbia, South Carolina
Write software programs using specific programming languages / platforms such as Java or MS .NET, and related tools, platform and environment. Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs, such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment. Correct errors by making appropriate changes and then rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced. Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program. Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language. Perform unit testing Assist in system and user testing Fix errors and bugs that are identified during testing.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Design, Develop and support Cloud-Native applications and API development using Java and Spring Boot, NodeJS, and Containers
• Contribute to application development on multiple large-scale, mission-critical systems.
• Work collaboratively as a key contributor on a high performing team to develop and deliver.
• 3-7 years of experience with object–oriented languages, including Java or C#
• Must have 1 years of experience on any cloud platform (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Cloud Foundry, PCF, BlueMix, etc.)
• 3 years professional experience as developer or software engineer
• Good understanding of Cloud computing concepts and technologies, such as IaaS / SaaS / PaaS, load balancing, Storage, etc.
• Hands on experience in implementing RESTful webservices and SOAP services in cloud
• Hands on experience in PaaS architecture and implementation using frameworks like Spring Boot, NodeJS, Spring Cloud, and Spring Dataflow, etc.
• Experience in UI development, integrating UI with REST service is a plus
• Experience with messaging frameworks (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka etc.).
• Experience using one or more NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, Mongo, AWS DynamoDB
• Experience with using development tools, including JIRA, GitHub, and Jenkins.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with analytical problem-solving skills.
• Ability to write quality unit and end–to–end tests; debug and optimize existing and new code.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Responsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementing software systems. Experienced programmers are also responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, mentoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, software development, testing and release.
Required Skills and Experience:
You provide application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
• Qualifications: 1-4 years experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications
• Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications
• Analyzes requirements, and maintains, tests and integrates application components
• Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented
• Should have progressing skills in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
• Should have baseline skills on Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering Leadership, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion (about $14.4 billion USD at 2017 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com . People matter, results count.
Organization: NA AS
Title: Programmer / Developer - Cloud Native Microservices Developer
Requisition ID: 037857