Capgemini Infrastructure Consultant 1 - App Admin Data in Dallas, Texas
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion (about $14.4 billion USD at 2017 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com at http://www.capgemini.com/ . People matter, results count.
Specialized/Practical Knowledge :
Cisco Network – Data Administration
• Manage the solar winds monitoring system. Keep it updated to the latest information
• Respond to Alerts generated from the monitoring system and keep business informed of outages
• Monitor logs from syslog server for any events reported by Datacenter device(Router/Switches/Firewall)
• Co-ordinate with third-party vendor for WAN outages. Timely escalate the issue to third party vendor for faster resolution
• Escalate chronic WAN issues with third party vendor
• Maintain WAN IP scheme
• Capacity planning for WAN Links. Monitor high utilization links and inform business upgrades of circuit
• Co-ordinate with AT&T for internet links
• Co-ordinate site move/merge/close
• Inventory spare equipment in corporate location and re-allocattion
Local Area Network
• Work with the site contacts for LAN outages
• Configure and manage wireless network at branch locations
• Configure and manage wireless LAN controller at the Dallas headquarters
• Maintain the LAN IP scheme
• Make VLAN changes on switch
• Manage L2/L3 switches at the branch
• Configure and manage the remote access network for end users to connect to the infrastructure
• Configure and manage ACE /Radius server
• Manage user accounts (creation /deletion/modification)
• Manage RSA (token) server and token management
• Configure downloading ACL for users with restricted access
• Configure and manage remote access users with static IP
Router/switch upgrades (hardware/IOS)
• Evaluating the right hardware device or IOPS for upgrade.
• Requesting quotes from the vendor.
• Configure the device at HQ (Dallas / Shelton) if hardware to be replaced.
• Ship the devices to branch location.
• Schedule the upgrade with branch managers.
• If current hardware supports new IOS schedule the upgrade with branch manager.
• Report out chronic issue to problem management team.
Document standard operation procedures for help desk
• Document Standard Operating procedure for use within team.
On call support for network operations
• Provide network support after business hours / weekends.
Configure and manage internal firewalls (IOS upgrades / failover configuration / policy change)
• Follow the change control process for implementing changes on firewall that are managed by iOPS team.
• Troubleshoot connectivity issue post implementation of rules and fix them.
• Follow the incidence management process for outages resulting from failure of Firewalls
Co-ordinate with firewall management vendors for policy change / troubleshooting / firewall maintenance
• Open up request with vendor for implementation of rules.
• Test the functionality after the changes are implemented.
• Troubleshoot the connectivity if the implemented changes do not provide intended results
Provide firewall logs data to security team for audits
• On request from Security team create an RFI ticket and provide firewall logs for managed firewalls.
• Open up a ticket with vendor for providing logs of firewalls not under management.
UPS systems at the branch
• Capacity Planning and recommending suitable UPS.
• Quote Management and Co-ordination with UPS vendor.
• Handle UPS Battery related problem and Identify Issues with Faulty UPS and recommend solution to fix.
• Installation of UPS with the help of Site contact
Static IP address request
• Work on Service desk Ticket. Assign Static ip address from the Static pool of the branch.
• Provide IP/gateway and Mask to the user.
• Update the spreadsheet with the reserved ip address.
IP scheme management
• Maintain and Follow the IP schema designed by the Architecture team and document any further assignment of IP subnets.
Wireless Access point configuration
• Responsible for Configuring Wireless controllers, AP’s, Shipment, procurement and Quote Management.
• Standard configuration and Device Hardening process.
• Documentation and Diagrams.
• Radius configuration and installation of AP in the branches.
• Add AP in Solar winds monitoring.
Out of Band for accessing network devices
• Ordering Standard US ROBOTIC Modem and accessories.
• Order and analog line for the branch.
• Co-ordinate with Site Contact for identifying the analog line, Installation for Modem and other physical connections.
Internet access issues
• Work on Service Desk request. Get required information. Open a Ticket with PREFERRED PARTNER. Troubleshoot Issue.
VPN Access issues
• Get required information.
• Troubleshoot the issue with the user.
• Co-ordinate with Cisco incase troubleshooting is required.
Site to Site VPN
• Work on Service Desk and Change control Ticket.
• Requirement Gathering. Planning details for VPN Tunnels.
• Co-ordinate with remote end Vendor for encryption details.
• Document the Diagrams and Change information. Open Firewall request with PREFERRED PARTNER. Implement changes on routers.
• Reserve IP address/ LAN subnet.
Involves researching, developing, innovating and delivering effective and consistent solutions to support the infrastructure systems ensuring the application of current and emerging technologies.
Day to Day responsibilities:
• System Monitoring;
• Installation Services and Management;
• OS administration; User Administration;
• Application Software support;
• Facilities Management;
• Security Services; Back-up Services;
• Hardware services/management;
• Documentation/Regulatory requirements;
• Remotely managed servers overseas, including
o System Monitoring;
o OS administration; User administration;
o Application Software support;
o Security Management;
o Back-up Services (monitoring only);
o Hardware Services (advisory).
• Developing and implementing service improvements;
• Attending with Active ownership of DR rehearsals;
• Monthly Reporting;
• Designing and implementing Ad-hoc project work requests; On-call cover and out of hours support.
• Qualification: Engineering or equivalent degree
• Should be proficient in Technology Solution Design
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Organization: INFRA US IGATE
Title: Infrastructure Consultant 1 - App Admin Data
Requisition ID: 035297