Capgemini Software Release Engineer - Grand Rapids MI in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Applications Consultant 2 - Release Engineer (AMS)
Resource primarily plays a role of facilitator for the for the regular releases of the products developed or enhanced.
Release manager works closely with development teams, Build Service teams, support teams, and CAB.
• Maintaining source control branches and performing integrations with merge conflicts.
• Facilitating and championing the quick resolution of problems found during the daily build and deployment efforts.
• Creating and maintaining documentation of the build/release process.
• Investigating tools and processes and integrating them so that they can improve the reliability, stability and efficiency with which we release our services.
• Working closely with the development team to integrate new deployment processes and strategies to meet our feature requirements.
• Interact release engineering and QE to debug and also resolve identified issues.
• Develop library to tools for automating manual workflows in development process.
• Creates CRQ for next release
• Every sprint, proactively collects the business level and high level description of deliverables and do any follow ups needed.
• Make sure all the documents necessary for director’s approval as well as CAB approval are gathered complied and updated in the CRQ in timely fashion.
• Work closely with all DFs (all the key stakeholder and customers) to get the best time for the Release to be planned (and to be implemented in the following sprint)
• Once the preferred timings are received from the end users / business, RM communicates the same with all stake holder especially with support team of the closely coupled applications.
• Finally come with the detailed schedule for the implementation so that there will be minimal impact to the business and least risk of failure and back out plan can be executed efficiently.
• Communicates the Schedule to all stakeholders
• Closely observes the implementation and be the central point of communication when the implementation happens.
• Gives daily update to leadership.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Applications Consultants have expertise in a specific technology environment. They are responsible for software-specific design and realization, as well as testing, deployment and release management, or technical and functional application management of client-specific package based solutions (e.g. SAP, ORACLE). These roles also require functional and methodological capabilities in testing and training.
Required Skills and Experience:
You focus on building solutions and on maintaining, optimizing and improving a client’s applications and systems. You contribute to a business and technical blueprint and customize the respective Software Package Core Module. You may also be responsible for unit testing, contribute to integration testing, and/or be responsible for the design and delivery of end-user training.
• Qualification: Minimum 3 years experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: Should have or seeking SE Level 1.
• Should be proficient in Package Configuration.
• Should have progressing skills in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Testing, Architecture Knowledge, Technical Solution Design and Vendor Management
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion (about $14.4 billion USD at 2017 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com . People matter, results count.
Organization: NA AS
Title: Software Release Engineer - Grand Rapids MI
Location: MI-Grand Rapids
Requisition ID: 036768