Capgemini Hadoop Data Engineer in Illinois, North Carolina
Hadoop Data Engineer
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion.
Visit us at . People matter, results count.
Job Title: Hadoop Data Engineer
Position Type: Permanent/Fulltime
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design and develop cutting edge Analytic applications leveraging Big Data technologies: Hadoop, NoSQL, and In-memory Data Grids.
• Build automation of deployment and configuration using open source frameworks
• Act as the subject matter expert for Big Data platforms and technologies
• Work across IT teams to ensure code quality, performance and scalability of deployed data products
• Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
• Bachelor's degree with minimum 2 years of IT experience in a quantitative field (such as Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Econometrics) Or in lieu of Degree, a High School Diploma/GED and 5 years of experience in quantitative field with programming (Java/J2EE) and data management experience
• Minimum 2 years of experience in deployment of BI & Analytics solutions using Big Data Technologies (such as - MapReduce, Kafka, HBase) in complex large scale environments preferably (20Tb+)
• Minimum 2 years of experience in at least 3 of the following: Pig, Sqoop, MapReduce, Kafka, Spark, Java
• Experience with Hortonworks Hadoop 2.4.x distribution
• Demonstrated excellent planning and organizational skills
• Engaging personality with experience collaborating across teams of internal and external technical staff, business analysts, software support and operations staff.
• Experience with Agile project management methods and practices.
• Familiarity with traditional BI Solution Architecture encompassing - ETL, CEP, DW, BI Reporting (preferably in a Unix/Linux, Oracle environment)
Disclaimer: Capgemini America Inc and its U.S. affiliates are EEO/AA employers. Capgemini conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era, special disabled and other covered veteran status.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.