Capgemini Big Data Developer with Cassandra- Denver, Colorado Location in Irving, Texas
• Cassandra cluster planning which includes Data sizing estimation, and identify hardware requirements based on the estimated data size and transaction volume.
• Create, install, and configure a Cassandra cluster
• Use tools to monitor cluster availability and performance
• Export data into different data formats
• Use primary index and secondary indexes correctly to perform queries on data
• Backup and restore data to secure the system in the event of failure
• Tune the performance of Java Virtual Machine (JVM), caches, and compaction
• Conduct a stress test on a Cassandra cluster and interpret the performance results
• Cassandra Data Modelling, NoSQL Architecture, Keyspace, Table, Index creation, User creation & access administration.
• Work closely with the application team to resolve issues related to spark, cql and loading issues etc.
• CQL Queries to support Integration with Cassandra Cluster
• Administration, Maintenance and supporting of the cluster using Opscenter, Devcenter, Linux, Spark,
• Working closely with Cassandra loading activity on history load and incremental loads from Oracle
• Databases and resolving issues and tuning the loader for optimal performance.
• Should have experience on Big data technologies like HDFS, SQOOP, Spark Stream & SQL, Kafka
• Good Experience on Core Java, Spring Boot Micro Services, REST & SOAP web services, Hibernate and proficient knowledge on SQL & PLSQL.
• Good Experience on streaming data using Flume.
The Senior Developer - BigData should have the following Primary Skills: Telecom Knowledge, Spark, Cassandra, Hadoop with Java background
In addition, they should have the following secondary skills: Kafka, Flume
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Responsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementing software systems. Experienced programmers are also responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, mentoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, software development, testing and release.
Required Skills and Experience:
Write software programs using specific programming languages/platforms such as Java or MS .NET, and related tools, platform and environment. Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs, such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment. Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes. Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements. Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic. Write or contribute to instructions or manuals to guide end users. Correct errors by making appropriate changes and then rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced. Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct. Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program. Investigate whether networks, workstations, the central processing unit of the system, and/or peripheral equipment are responding to a program's instructions. Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language. Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer. Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs. Perform unit testing Assist in system and user testing Fix errors and bugs that are identified in the course of testing.
• Qualifications: 3-9 years experience; Bachelor’s degree
• Should be proficient in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
• Should have progressing skills on Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering Leadership, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion (about $14.4 billion USD at 2017 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com . People matter, results count.
Organization: I AND D US
Title: Big Data Developer with Cassandra- Denver, Colorado Location
Requisition ID: 037401