Capgemini Managing Applications Consultant - Agile Consultant in Irving, Texas
The Agile consultant will be responsible for providing field support on Agile engagements. It is very important that the candidate is well aware and has hands-on experience of working and driving distributed agile spread across time zones and multiple organizations/partners for a service.
The Agile consultant will also be responsible for creating additional collateral that can be used to support Agile engagements and support the teams field with training on that material.
This role must have knowledge of DevOps principles and must be able to support the DevOps implementations from an Agile perspective.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Provide setup of tools, methods and CoE at project site to provide a solid runway for the project team to follow at the start of the engagement
Execute on the roadmap for the organization’s Agile Transformation from the team and program level
Align roadmaps with other Agile transformation leads from partner teams
Assesses Agile readiness and impacts of the Agile Transformation
Work with the Agile Lead to help deliver the organization through their Agile Transformation ensuring both the processes are adopted and mindsets are changed
Act as a team level coach
Leverage and contribute to the Agile Gameplan
Participate in the Agile Transformation Community of Practice/Agile Transformation Office to share knowledge & learnings
Be a part of the Agile Transition Core team to execute the Agile roadmap
Works as part of the Agile Core team to:
a. Define the Customer
b. Define Product teams & trains
c. Define, decompose, and activate Epics, Features, and User Stories
Executes current and long range objectives, plans, and policies.
Dispense advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to carry out major plans and procedures, consistent with established policies and procedures.
Establish and maintain an effective system of communications on the assigned projects.
Understands and carry a good understanding of DevOps practices and tools
• Good awareness of Distributed Agile transformations
• Basic knowledge of Agile Management tools like JIRA, CA-Agile Central (Rally) etc
• Basic working knowledge of process re-engineering and its interoperability
• Possesses well-developed technical documentation, project management and facilitation skills.
• Excellent communication and prioritization skills.
• Awareness to DevOps principles, assessments and implementation practices
• Willingness to work in a team-oriented environment that is fast paced and demanding.
• Ability to motivate other team behavior.
• Proven track record of meeting commitments with the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
• Must be self-directed, have excellent initiative and organizational skills.
• Works well in a fast growing environment with the ability to deliver on time.
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing requirements dictated by business and IT requirements.
• Exhibits a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive, and energy.
• Works well under stress with the ability to deliver on time.
• Ability to function under a high degree of uncertainty.
Required Education and Experience
• BS Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a relevant experience
• At least 5 years IT
• 1-2 years experience in technology sector with large-scale technology programs
• 2-3 years experience designing agile at scale and release practices or scrum master
• Agile Certification (Scrum Master) Scrum.org, Scrum Alliance, SAFe
• Basic level project/program management skills. Lean process design experience preferred
• Proven track record of being results orientated with demonstrated ability to achieve aggressive goals
• Experience working in a highly matrixed organization
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Applications Consultants have expertise in a specific technology environment. They are responsible for software-specific design and realization, as well as testing, deployment and release management, or technical and functional application management of client-specific package based solutions (e.g. SAP, ORACLE). These roles also require functional and methodological capabilities in testing and training.
Required Skills and Experience:
You have a leading role in projects with strong client exposure. You are responsible for functional and technical guidance over the whole project or application lifecycle and you act as a client-facing lead developer. You drive sales opportunities within your area of responsibility. You know future developments in several applications and/or technologies and you are seen as subject matter expert within your unit and beyond.
• Qualification: Minimum 7 years experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: Should have SE level 2 and seeking level 3.
• Should be master in Package Configuration.
• Must have experience in Architecture Knowledge, Testing and Vendor Management.
• Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge & Technical Solution Design.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion (about $14.4 billion USD at 2017 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com . People matter, results count.
Job: Project Manager
Organization: NA AS
Title: Managing Applications Consultant - Agile Consultant
Requisition ID: 035163