Capgemini Managing Applications Consultant - WFM SME in Lee's Summit, Missouri
Managing Applications Consultant - WFM SME
Job Title: Manager, Workforce Management
Capgemini is a place where different people come together as one team, get creative and deliver results. We like to learn from each other and have fun in the process. If you are enthusiastic about working with clients who need assistance in aligning their workforce to their strategic goals and objectives, our Workforce Management team is looking for you.
Duties and Responsibilities
Workforce Management Managers will work as part of a team or individually, providing expertise during implementation, upgrade or optimization projects. Workforce Management Managers will work directly with client/project team staff to:
• Lead the project lifecycle of a solution implementation, including Vendor Selections (RFP, RFI, etc.), Business Analysis, Functional Specification, System Configuration, Design, Testing, Deployment and Organizational Change Management,
• Oversee all project activities required to ensure timely, successful project completion,
• Develop and manage the implementation project plan, provide status reports and issue logs, including milestones and clearly defined responsibilities,
• Manage client and internal expectations of project scope and delivery objectives,
• Establish effective client relationships among executives, managers, and staff from project kickoff through system and workflow adoption,
• Effectively leverage Capgemini leadership to help mitigate risks and resolve complex challenges before they become issues,
• Ability to ‘jump in’ and assist the team if needed to successful complete the project in one or more areas:
o Business Process and/or Design Requirements,
o Solution, Functional & Process Documentation (TDD, FDD and/or PDD),
o Solution Configuration, Integration & Deployment
o Testing Strategy, Planning & Execution (FUT, TUT, SIT and/or UAT),
o Deployment & Post Go Live Activities
• Identifying appropriate add on sales opportunities on an existing project,
• Play a lead role in the Capgemini sales, pursuit process and proposal development, if needed.
• Participate in the brand awareness and growth of the Workforce Management practice by attending conferences, publishing white papers, engaging in industry associations and organizations.
• Support and/or lead internal initiatives to help maintain or improve the company culture and performance.
• Self-driven to participate in educational courses, workshops or session to further your career goals
To be eligible for consideration for the Workforce Management Manager position, these are the required and preferred qualification.
• B.A or B.S degree. Areas of HR, Payroll, Operations & IT preferable
• Experience selling engagements and leading projects with multiple workstreams
• 8 years of related experience in human resources, payroll, workforce management and/or software implementation or support work
• Applicable experience in one or more of the following areas: Consumer Products, Distribution Centers, Grocery, Hospitality & Tourism, Manufacturing, Retail, Transportation (air, land, rail or water) and Telecommunications
• Excellent knowledge of the HR, Payroll and Operations functions and processes
• Experience with workforce management software such as Kronos (Central or Dimensions), Infor WFM (formerly Workbrain), JDA WFM, Quintiq, ADP or Workforce Software software and system infrastructure
• Practical knowledge executing or leading teams in one or more of the following areas: Workforce Management, labor cost optimization, payroll tracking, labor engineering standards, workforce analytics, and interfaces to/from a WFM solution
• Mentored and coached junior level resources to support their day-to-day work and provide guidance and assistance based on their career goals.
• Ability to interact and communicate in a clear and concise manner at all levels of an organization
• Agile knowledge and/or certification
• Experience working with other small to large consulting or software organizations
This resource should be able to travel up to 80% travel Monday through Thursday.
There could be junior level resources assigned to the role of Workforce Management Manager.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Applications Consultants have expertise in a specific technology environment. They are responsible for software-specific design and realization, as well as testing, deployment and release management, or technical and functional application management of client-specific package based solutions (e.g. SAP, ORACLE). These roles also require functional and methodological capabilities in testing and training.
Required Skills and Experience:
You have a leading role in projects with strong client exposure. You are responsible for functional and technical guidance over the whole project or application lifecycle and you act as a client-facing lead developer. You drive sales opportunities within your area of responsibility. You know future developments in several applications and/or technologies and you are seen as subject matter expert within your unit and beyond.
• Qualification: Minimum 7 years experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: Should have SE level 2 and seeking level 3.
• Should be master in Package Configuration.
• Must have experience in Architecture Knowledge, Testing and Vendor Management.
• Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge & Technical Solution Design.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion (about $14.4 billion USD at 2017 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com . People matter, results count.
Job: Project Manager
Organization: NA DO
Title: Managing Applications Consultant - WFM SME
Location: MO-Lee%27s Summit
Requisition ID: 037364