Capgemini Test Engineer in Oak Brook, Illinois
Quality Assurance/Testing Planning
• May handle question/issues related to a specific QA/testing component within a project/program.
• Adheres to the specific QA/testing standards and guidelines for the project.
• May provide input into the development of the QA/testing plan(s).
• May collaborate with Business Analysts and/or project team to ensure that clear, unambiguous requirements are defined for the project.
Quality Assurance/Testing Execution and Control
• Follows and executes QA/testing plans for specific components within a particular program/project.
• Creates, executes, and/or maintains tests and test scripts.
• Identifies opportunities to improve the QA/testing process.
• Measures defects, service levels, response times, etc., and conducts root cause analysis during the development of I/S application or service. Logs issues/problems uncovered during QA/testing and determines severity.
• Accurately records all test results within a defect tracking tool.
• Contributes to automated testing initiatives including coding of automation scripting.
• Reports to the project team and/or Project Leaders the project's QA/testing progress against the project plan.
• Review/trace software at the code level to help root-cause software defects and provide input to the end solution.
• Builds strong relationships between teams within I/S and between I/S and related business teams.
• May maintain relationships with vendors and/or internal/external resources to meet quality assurance and/or testing goals.
• Perform other duties when required.
• Basic software programming skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Knowledge of software engineering concepts (requirements management, development methodologies, testing and documentation) and an understanding of how technology applies to business concepts.
• Basic networking skills.
• Basic software programming skills.
• Experience using a Windows operating Systems.
• Experience using iPhone or Android.
Local Candidates preferred.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Test Consultants are concerned with the independent verification and validation of the products produced by the development process. Testing is carried out in each phase: the requirements are tested by an acceptance test, the system design (analysis and design) by a system and integration test, and the programs by a program and module test.
Required Skills and Experience:
You design and execute tests for an application/system based on the Software Architecture (models and principles). You perform many of the roles required for a software test project; e.g. defect management, test analysis and supporting acceptance tests. Typically these roles are performed as part of a team of software testers containing the experience and skills required to deliver successfully. You have a solid background in IT; have received training in testing; and have participated in at least one system test or acceptance test.
• Qualification: Minimum 3 years experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: Has or seeking SE level 1.
• Should have progressing skills in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Testing, Software Engineering, Architecture Knowledge, Technical Solution Design and Quality Management.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion (about $14.4 billion USD at 2017 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com . People matter, results count.
Organization: LP AS NA A&A
Title: Test Engineer
Location: IL-Oak Brook
Requisition ID: 036042