Capgemini Project Lead - Program Manager in San Jose, California
Project manager/program manager
• Enter project data into project scheduling
• Schedule team meetings and follow described process flow for Cloud engagements.
• Prepare action item lists for project manager’s review/approval.
• Aware of information security principles
• Generate project reports
• Provide specialized analyses of project critical paths, what-if-analysis, staffing profiles, etc., to the project manager to assist in problem solving.
• Maintain/archive updated project files/databases.
• Lead efforts related to planning and training session venues
• Seek opportunities to improve the project success.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent work experience with a technical focus
• Proficient Smartsheet, Jive, Jira (preferred) and in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or ability and willingness to learn.
• Good listener with strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Good oral and written communication abilities.
• Highly motivated, self-starter requiring little supervision.
• Team player with good people skills.
• Ability to multitask effectively while maintaining attention to detail.
• Has led or participated in a project with cross-functional project teams, multiple deliverable and using formal project management techniques.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Project Managers take full responsibility for managing a project or program. They normally manage a number of related streams or activities to achieve a desired business result, planned profitability levels, quality standards and highest-level client satisfaction. Project Managers are responsible for the project plan, budget, structure, schedule and staffing requirements for the delivery organization. A Project Manager usually has technical expertise in one or more other domains (e.g. a Project Manager with testing skills could perform a test manager function).
Required Skills and Experience:
You are responsible for coordinating project performance with the Project / Program Manager and for the timely and economic utilization of resources assigned to your project. You contribute to the overall project plan, highlighting dependencies with other projects. You manage day-to-day project activities, monitor and report on progress, and identify and mitigate potential showstoppers and issues.
• Qualification: Bachelor's Degree
• Certification: Is at least certified on EM foundation (level 0).
• Should have progressing in Negotiating, Vendor Management, Risk Management and Project Financials, KPI & Reporting
• Should have baseline skills Quality Management.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant : http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion (about $14.4 billion USD at 2017 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com . People matter, results count.
Organization: NA DO
Title: Project Lead - Program Manager
Location: CA-San Jose
Requisition ID: 036524