Capgemini Senior Programmer / Developer - Solution Architect in San Jose, California
• Mid-Senior Architect with strong Object Oriented Programming skills.
• Conversant with Java / J2EE and Web related Technologies.
• Conversant with SOAP, RESTful WS and XML, XSD, JSON
• Experience with Oracle and SQL
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to independently design solutions for functional domains with minimal oversight
• Ability to independently run meetings with business and technology, and gather all information required to design their domain
• Ability to present their findings/solution to executives
• Ability to work with the offshore team including managing/assigning work
• Ability to drive work forward and executive presence
Detailed Tasks that the resource will be responsible for -
• Develops high-level architecture design documents to facilitate integration of in-house development project and/or vendor based application within the existing enterprise architecture.
• Develops/Maintains “Best Practices” policies/procedures for the technical implementations developed within the WDAT enterprise.
• Develops detailed data models for logical and conceptual database designs. Applies data modeling techniques and enterprise data standards to highly complex business requirements.
• Performs initial design, problem solving and reviews of software architecture that conforms with the strategic direction of WDAT.
• Performs analysis oversight during detailed design of systems that conform with the strategic direction of WDAT.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Responsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementing software systems. Experienced programmers are also responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, mentoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, software development, testing and release.
Required Skills and Experience:
You assign, coordinate, and review work and activities of programming personnel. Collaborate with computer manufacturers and other users to develop new programming methods. Supervise, train, mentor junior level programmers in programming and program coding. Represent team in project meetings. Work with business and functional analysts, and software & solution architects in ensuring that programs and systems function as intended Supervise, mentor and manage large teams of programmers in one or more projects. Represent project teams in project/program meetings or in meetings with sponsor.
• Qualifications: 6-12 years experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Must have experience in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
• Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering Leadership, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion (about $14.4 billion USD at 2017 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com . People matter, results count.
Organization: NA AS
Title: Senior Programmer / Developer - Solution Architect
Location: CA-San Jose
Requisition ID: 035209