Capgemini NetApp Storage Admin - Virtual in Wilmington, Delaware
Who we are?
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at. www.capgemini.com/us-en/
Rightshore® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini
Within Capgemini, the Cloud Infrastructure Services business provides leading solutions to large global customers through an integrated global sales and delivery model. We are a global team of committed professionals who advise, transform and run client IT services. We help organizations meet their business goals by transforming and managing their IT infrastructure landscape – leveraging innovations notably in automation and the cloud.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini
Location: New Castle, DE or Phoenix, AR but open to other US Locations
The focus of your role within Capgemini, what you do:
Seeking a subject matter expert to serve as a NetApp Storage administrator directly supporting a global client. The successful candidate will serve two functions within the company. First, he or she must coordinate between the company and external vendors and contractors about IT-related infrastructure and development; and second, the IT Specialist will consult with our IT department on any issues that might come up and advise about potential fixes or efficiency controls. We’re looking for a responsive, highly productive professional who can work with numerous IT employees and vendors to ensure continued success through corporate projects.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
What you bring:
• NetApp Storage Management (CDOT exp strongly preferred)
• Experience with WFA and automation
• Experience with large environments (3 PB) and migration planning
• Experience with OnCommand/DFM/OCUM
• Experience with NFS/CIFS/Mixed Mode, Snapshots, and DPM
• Ability to communicate clearly and professional verbally and written
• Energetic, motivated and calm under pressure
• Ability to work in team environment on assigned tasks and large projects
• Operating Systems Experience (5-8 years preferred)
• Experience with a ticketing system/workflow management system (Service Now)
• Experience with MS Office, PowerPoint & Visio specifically, and Sharepoint
• Primary Technical Skills:
• 5-8 years demonstrated hands on NetApp SAN management & storage administration activities, in a FC-SAN or NAS (CIFS, NAS, iSCSI) configuration.
• DFM and OnTap installation, configuration, upgrade, and management experience, preferably working with 7-mode and C-Mode (CDOT).
• NetApp certification will be given additional consideration.
• Experience with complex NAS/SAN management activities; multi-site replication, array-to-array migrations, 7MTT conversions, disaster recovery, etc.
• Secondary Skills (which will afford the candidate additional consideration):
• Experience with Cisco FC SAN, EMC or Hitachi storage administration but not without NetApp as a primary proficiency.
• Experience working in large storage (3 PB/more than 30 arrays) environments or multi-customer environments.
• 5 years OS administration working with any flavor of Unix/Linux, Windows, or VMWare.
• Experience working directly with customers in a consultative capacity.
• Additional storage infrastructure experience (beyond the core requirements) working directly with OEM equipment.
What we offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini America Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are EEO/AA employers. Capgemini conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era, special disabled and other covered veteran status. Capgemini is a Drug-Free Workplace employer.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Organization: CIS US
Title: NetApp Storage Admin - Virtual
Requisition ID: 036946